I really love my job. I love, love, LOVE the people who I come into contact with on a daily basis. Yes its exhausting at times. Yes, it’s so much more than getting paid to workout ( as a lot of people think–wouldn’t that be nice). Am I underpaid?? Under appreciated?? You betcha! 😉 But I knew that going into this line of work 15 years ago and I am still doing it! It’s about motivating, inspiring, and building relationships with the people you coach, train or instruct. Little do the participants know how much they inspire and motivate me every. single. day.
- The woman who has lost 181 lbs and has 15 lbs left to go.
- The 65-year-old woman who comes to class without fail because she enjoys my
gangstermotivating spin music and class. She thanks me every single time.
- The new mom that has never had to workout in the past, but is at the gym not to regain her former figure, but to get away from it all and “just be“. She found herself again in a Cardio dance type class.
- The former college athlete found his mojo again after signing up for one of the gyms specialty classes and feels alive again.
- A woman who was in a horrible car accident over 5 years ago was told she was not going to be able to walk. I guess they were wrong..she is a spinning machine and inquired about becoming an instructor.
These are just a few of the people I have met over the years that keep me inspired and motivated to do well at my job. Not that they read this blog, but
Who was the last person to inspire you?