1. Cut down on grains- complex carbs are great but in moderation. Eat more vegetables and low sugar fruits such as grapefruit and apples.
2. Eat smaller meals more often throughout the day. This speeds up metabolism and helps take fat off your tummy.
3. Do NOT skip meals. This can lead to you being super hungry which can lead you to eating more. Make sure you are eating enough and your meals and snacks are well-balanced.
4. Up your game! Keeping yourself active throughout the day can help you from storing fat. Cardiovascular training for fat loss is a must.
5. Resistance training is a must. Weight training builds muscle. Muscle burns body fat. The result? Lean mean fat burning machine. Lift heavy ladies–don’t be scuuured! 🙂
6. Change up the exercises. Constantly changing the exercises you do can help you avoid plateaus.
7. Make cardiovascular exercise a part of your routine. In conjunction with a consistently clean diet- you will see fat loss faster then with just dieting without the cardio.
8. Do abs 3 times a week.
9. Stay positive and happy! Stress can make fat loss so much more difficult. When your cortisol levels spike- so does your fat!
10. ? What fat loss tip works for you??
I can say that I need the most work with tip # 8–I guess. While I don’t do direct ab work ( crunches etc) 3x a week. I do incorporate core work daily.
Do you agree with these tips?
Which ones do you do and which tips do you feel you need to work on?
* tips are my own and I had some help from FITNESS Rx- Dec. 2011 issue.